The Twelve Questions
The following questions may help you determine whether marijuana is a problem in your life.
- Has using marijuana stopped being fun?
- Do you ever get high alone?
- Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana?
- Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use?
- Do you use marijuana to avoid dealing with your problems or to cope with your feelings?
- Has your marijuana use led to financial difficulties and/or legal consequences?
- Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world?
- Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your use of marijuana?
- Has your use of marijuana caused problems with your health, memory, concentration, or motivation?
- When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?
- Do you plan your life around your marijuana use?
- Have friends or relatives ever complained that your using is damaging your relationship with them?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may have a problem with marijuana.